Lampert Lumber has had a long history of providing quality lumber and building materials throughout the state of Minnesota. Though Lampert Lumber has been passed through the generations, we are still committed to serving our customers and helping them with their construction projects.
It all started in 1887, when the Lampert brothers, Jacob and Leonard, purchased a lumber yard in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota. Within a few years, they bought a second lumber yard. The brothers prided themselves on providing quality lumber to the local farmers and tradesmen. When the railroads began to come through the midwest, the lumber yard business exploded. New construction throughout the Midwest created a great area of opportunity for the Lampert brothers.
They were supplying such a great amount of lumber that the brothers decided to move their headquarters to the Twin Cities so that they would be closer to their lumber supply. Eventually the company split, Leonard’s son created Lampert Yards, while Jacob’s son, Horace, became president of Lampert Lumber.
Horace continued to improve the company and successfully kept the business going through the depression. However, Horace’s untimely death in 1938 then led the business to be taken over by his brother-in-law John K. Fesler.
Under the leadership of John K. Fesler, Lampert Lumber grew quite a bit until his retirement in 1966. At this point, his sons David K. Fesler and John L. Fesler took over the leadership of Lampert Lumber. They changed the business model so that Lampert Lumber not only provided lumber but home improvement products as well.
Lampert Lumber is now flourishing under the leadership of Daniel Fesler. As a fourth generation leader. He understands the importance of keeping the tradition of supplying quality lumber and building products with excellent customer service. He also looks for innovative ways of improving the business so that we meet all of the needs of the modern era.